Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Proud Auntie!


Ani and Rachael decided to make a short detour  and check out things at Prem Dan today. Em, Alicia, Sarah and I rushed passed the massis, ignoring the call for laundry duty and headed straight for the front room.  As the SMC ladies of Prem Dan it was our mission to show Ani and Rachael the glorious women who are the constant topic of conversation.
We rushed around, messing  up the normal morning flow, saying ‘Oh here’s my bondu!’ ‘Here’s the one we take to the bathroom all the time’ ‘Here’s the women who is always having the infamous skull operation.’ I wanted to show them everyone but most importantly, my special bondu  Sunnita. As soon as I pointed her out, she called out and reached for me.  
This moment was similar to the many I’ve had with my niece Sadie. Sadie is 3 years old and whenever I introduce her to someone new I always ask her to say hello or do something I taught her. I like to show her off.  When Sadie actually performs  for a new friend, my heart melts and I’m the proudest auntie in the world. 

Like Sadie, I wanted to show Sunnita off.  When she called out ‘Auntie! Auntie!’  and reached for me during Ani and Rachael’s walk through, my heart melted and in a new, different way I was the proudest auntie in the world.
Tomorrow is my last day with Sunnita, with my bondus at Prem Dan. They have become my current joy.  Leaving them will be tremendously upsetting but the joy they inspire will forever remain in my heart.

Goodnight,
Susi

3 comments:

  1. Oh Sweet Auntie!! What joy you bring to these women - they will always remember you - love, T, Sadie and Delia - dos besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have given of yourselves like most people never can or will in a life time. Be proud..all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ARE AMAZING!! Never forget who you have inspired, encouraged and also who have done the same for you!!

    ReplyDelete